Thursday, December 6, 2007

Nothing could be finer...

Greetings all,

I am in the beautiful Old North State (why it is called that, I don't know. You should ask a "good" librarian) and am currently on the road in lovely Smithfield, NC assisting in the facilitation of a workshop by Michele Gorman-uber teen librarian for PLCMC.

Michele's workshop is entitled "This Ain't Your Mama's Library." This is a must attend for anyone in teen librarianship and it would be even more valuable for everyone NOT in teen librarianship. Her points are spot-on and could assist in increasing the value of your library to your community and keeping it relevant for future taxpayers.

This job is great so far (I'm only on day 3). I've met some great YA librarians at this workshop who are passionate about providing the best for their teen customers. I LOVE THAT! Now we must assimilate the rest of library world to our way of thinking.

Adult services librarians look out -- RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

1 comment:

Sarah Stormie Campbell said...

This workshop was fantastic!

We are very happy you are with us Lori and I look forward to getting to know you better